Hey, what’s up guys, this is Kamal here, and if you have landed here then you are seeking for tricks to book IRCTC TATKAL Ticket. So today I’m going to tell you IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Booking Trick. Indian Railways has made some rules. According to which the booking of the journey starts 120 days before the date of the journey. Now, there are two things working here. First is that nobody plans a journey 120 days (4 months) in advance, so they cant book the tickets in that much advance time. Now, in another scenario, what dealers do is that. They book tickets in the advance for selling those ticket at higher prices. In this way, the ordinary public is not able to book the preferred tickets.
And also in some case, there may be some actual shortage of the seats. There are many reasons for this:
- Highly dense route.
- Festival time.
- Fewer Trains.
- Vacation time.
Now there may be some cases in which the passenger wants to travel at a sudden plan. So at that time, it is clearly known that there are very less or no seats available. So keeping this in mind our Indian Railways has already some facilities for that kind of passengers. It is called Tatkal Booking.
IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Booking Trick
Let us first gain some information on IRCTC Tatkal Booking Rules. Tatkal Ticket booking is the scheme of the Indian Railways to book the ticket in any train at a very small notice of time. The counter of Tatkal Ticket open daily at 10 and 11 AM for AC and Non AC coaches respectively. Railway keeps some reserved seats for the Tatkal Booking and sells those ticket by some extra charges. IRCTC Tatkal Ticket booking gives you the facility to get the confirmed rail ticket one day before the journey.
- In the tatkal booking, you can’t book the more than 4 passengers in a single ticket.
- You can’t change the name of the passenger on the ticket after the final booking.
- No refund will be given on the cancellation of the confirmed tatkal or premium tatkal tickets.
- A full refund will be granted if the train is delayed by more than 3 hours of its actual time.
What is IRCTC Premium Tatkal Booking?
Half of the seats from the tatkal booking are kept for the Premium tatkal booking. Using this method you can book the tickets even is the tatkal booking has no tickets left. The benefits of the premium tatkal tickets are that you will definitely get a confirmed premium tatkal ticket. The dynamic fare ticket system is applied here. In a dynamic ticketing system. The price of the same ticket starts to gradually increase, as the seats get booked.
Moreover, if you really need to travel and you can spend a huge amount, then you can book your ticket on the premium tatkal quota.
“If you want to know how to book premium tatkal quota ticket and want a tutorial on that. Then do comment in the comment box below.
IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Charges
|Class of Travel||Minimum Tatkal Charges (in Rs.)||Maximum Tatkal Charges (in Rs.)||Minimum Distance for the charge (in Km)|
|Reserve Second sitting (2S)||10.00||15.00||100|
|AC Chair Car||125.00||225.00||250|
|AC 3 Tier||300.00||400.00||500|
|AC 2 Tier||400.00||500.00||500|
In the above-given table, you can check the additional charges added to your base fare ticket.
“You often get bored the Rail Journey? From now you will not get bored, check this link to know why I’m saying this.”
IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Booking Trick 100% Working
Method 1 For PC Users
- Open your chrome browser.
- Go to Chrome Web Store.
- Search Tatkal For Sure extension.
- Click on add to chrome.
- After that click on extension logo on the toolbar and then on Generate ticket.
- Click on create a new trip.
- Accept the agreement and add your IRCTC login details.
- Fill all the journey and passengers details.
- Now add a payment method, I’ll suggest you choose UPI option as a payment method.
- Just open the extension about 5 minutes before your tatkal timing and click on BOOK NOW.
- While making the payment, don’t forget to choose any other payment method other than PhonePe UPI. As it is the fastest method to make the payment.
- Enter your VPA (Virtual Private Address) on the payment gateway page.
- Then click on Submit Button.
- After that Click on the PAY Butoon on your PhonePe Mobile application.
- Enter the PhonePe UPI Password.
- Congratulations, your ticket has been booked.
Method 2 For Mobile Users
We have already discussed the reasons above, due to which we are not able to book the tatkal tickets. The major reason is the overloading of users on the IRCTC website. So in this method, we’re using to the PhonePe app. As the rail ticket booking system is newly introduced in this app, and there are very fewer users. So this ultimately increases the chances to get a confirmed rail ticket.
Follow the below steps to book the railway ticket through PhonePe app.
- Install the app and sign up or login if you already have the ID.
- Go to the Apps Section and click on the explore button, if it is showing to you.
- Then in the Travel & Commute section click on the IRCTC logo.
- Fill in the details like. Travel date, quota, Origin, and destination. Then tap on the search.
- MOST IMPORTANT STEP: Select TATKAL instead of GENERAL Quota from the drop-down list given in the top right section.
- Now, it will show all the available train/s on the route. Here you will get the Train name, number, arrival and departure time, traveling time and also the fare.
- You can also filter the results as per your needs.
- Now select the train which suits and click on it.
- It will now show the available seats in the tatkal quota. If there are no seats available in the tatkal quota then you can also select the premium tatkal quota.
- Login with your IRCTC ID.
- After logging in just fill the passenger information form.
- Make sure not to add more than 6 passengers in a single ticket.
- After adding all the details, click on continue.
- Now it will give the total review or information about the ticket. If everything is good, then click on continue.
- The payment page will appear now, click on the PAY button to make the payment and to book your confirmed tatkal ticket.
So these were the simple steps to book the tatkal ticket in mobile with high confirmed booking chances.
Mistakes you should avoid while booking Tatkal Tickets
- Always use your daily routine browser, never go for a new browser.
- Don’t login your IRCTC account in advance, do log in to your account 2 or 3 minutes before the tatkal booking timing.
- Don’t click on refresh button continuously.
- Never ever use the same id for the same booking in the tow different accounts. As the IRCTC ID can be used to book the ticket from the single device only at a particular time. And also don’t use the ID in the multiple tabs.
- Also, don’t use the two different IRCTC ID on the same IP address or same device.
- Always use fastest payment method (like- UPI or Payment with Debit card using PIN) at the time of making the payment. As other methods may slow down the process.
- Don’t use the master list to fill the passenger details while booking the tatkal ticket, as it loads the information very slowly. And also at the tatkal timings, there is a high load on the IRCTC’s web server.
By following the above steps, the chances of getting a confirmed tatkal ticket will be increased.
I hope you liked the complete tutorial on IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Booking Trick, please do share this with your family and friend who required this trick.