YouTube is the largest video streaming platform in the world. It’s everyone’s first choice when it comes to entertainment, it has never-ending unlimited content! But, this post is for those who create content and uploads on multiple channels. If you don’t know how to delete YouTube channel then you’re at the right place! Here you’ll get step by step guide on how to disable YouTube Channel easily. It isn’t too much complicated with some easy steps anyone can disable YouTube Channel.
How to Delete YouTube Channel
Firstly, there are two ways different things that you can do to delete:
- Completely Hide YouTube Channel (Can be restored later, whenever you want to.)
- Permanently Delete YouTube Channel (Can NOT be restored)
So, below is given the guide on how to delete YouTube Channel and Hide your Channel. We highly recommend you to hide your channel instead of deleting if you have content on your YouTube Channel as you won’t be able to recover it.
How to Delete YouTube Channel
Closing your YouTube channel will permanently delete your content, including videos, comments, messages, playlists, and history. Note that you can’t delete a channel on mobile devices right now.
Follow these steps to delete your YouTube channel:
- On a computer, make sure you’re signed in to YouTube with the channel you want to delete.
- Go to your advanced account settings. You can get to advanced account settings at any time by following these steps:
- In the top right, click your account > YouTube settings.
- Under “Account settings,” select Overview.
- Under the channel’s name, select Advanced.
- At the bottom, select Delete channel (you may see Delete content instead). If prompted, enter your sign-in details.
- Click “I want to permanently delete my content.”
- Select the boxes to confirm you want to delete your channel.
- Select Delete my channel (you may see Delete my content instead).
NOTE: The update may take some time so you might continue to see thumbnails of your videos on the site for a short time.
How to Hide YouTube Channel
- On a computer, make sure you’re signed in to YouTube with the channel you want to hide.
- Go to advanced account settings. You can get to advanced settings at any time by following these steps:
- In the top right, click your account > Settings or .
- In the bottom left-hand corner, select Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom, select Delete channel. Note: this will take you to a page where you can delete or hide your channel. You may be prompted to enter your sign-in details.
- Select I want to hide my channel or I want to hide my content.
- Click the boxes to confirm what will be hidden on your channel.
- Select Hide my channel.
YouTube Channels can easily be deleted or hided if you want to by following some simple steps. Or you can change YouTube Channel name if you are willing to delete it because you’ve entered the wrong name. YouTube channel can also be easily deleted on your Android or iOS phone using the same steps in the Chrome Browser. If you’ve liked this post, don’t forget to share it with your friends to help them out!